Sunday, August 12, 2018

10mm Napoleonics

Viva Le France

Something happens to you when you turn 40. For some reason the section of the store with the old boxes no one ever buys, thats right the historicals section suddenly appeals to you, in more than the empire pikemen way. For the last few years (yeah its been that long since I posted) I have been gradually building up my napoleonics collection. I overbought 28's foolishly thinking I could paint up a ~ thousand miniatures. But now I am on the right track, I believe with 10mm. In my early tests, I figured out that I paint 10mms 5 times as fast as 28's i.e. 5 10mm ligne in about the same time as 1 28mm ligne. And with rule sets like blucher I could come up with a brigade of infantry in the same time it would take me to paint a company (4-5 figures) in 28. So now I have 2500 figures to paint, but I've already managed to paint 250 on a very light schedule in 2 months, and I should be playing the smll battles of the napoleonic wars (I am targetting Raab) in about 3 months.So until the battles come, I will be updating painting on this new page on my site:
Old Glory 10mm French Review

No comments:

Post a Comment