Friday, December 23, 2011

My Credentials

I am the warhammer cheapskate...pleased to meet you. We all know this is not a cheap hobby, and with this blog I hope to pass on some of the things I learned to make the hobby just a little bit less expensive.

So in this post, I hope to explain where I got my experience, and how I will use it to benefit you!


First of all, I've been playing a long time. How long? Will I was painting at a store...and I kid asked me what I thought of Space Marine? I proceeded to tell him that I liked Space Marine more than 40K at the time, and had a huge squat army, and wished I hadn't sold it off before Epic Armageddon came out. 5 minutes later I realized he was talking about the video game, which was also pretty good!

Second, I love Warhammer, and play it every chance I get, and I have really explored the Warhammer universes over the years. I've owned every fantasy army except dark elves and dwarfs at least once, and have had 5 different 40K armies. I've owned Blood Bowl, BFG, Space crusade, WFRPand have read a ton of Warhammer books. So I know the subject really really well! Moreover I had to paint and store all my stuff over the years and I know the possible options for this aspect pretty well as well. But I am not just a fluff bunny. I play competitively (go to tournaments) and I win my share of games...

Third, I am the kind of person that is always trying to improve things and I'm willing to try different things to do things better, cheaper, faster even if it means I occasionally got burned (and I have)

Of course, one of the things about doing something for a long time, I've been at it for over 20 years, is that you forget things over time! So this blog will serve as my place to write down all I have learned about how to do things in this hobby better and cheaper, and to write down the new stuff I learn and you teach me.

No comments:

Post a Comment